Pages

Monday 10 June 2013

Dragon Boat Festival

So, yesterday the Chinese celebrated the 'Dragon Boat Festival' or in Chinese, 'Duan Wu Festival'.. Truth be told, I don't know if it's yesterday, tomorrow or today, all I know is it's in June. So I know most people don't give a shit about how this festival started and it's origin so I'm gonna tell you how my school celebrated it, and if you want to know it's origin, the link is below the post. Anyway, my school celebrated it during the assembly, and it was so fuckin depressing. You know, my school is known for having depressing events. Even last year, when the graduates were having their graduation ceremony, they had to wear formal shirts, and I don't think that's even formal, they looked way more like waiters and waitresses! And they can't even have fun, the fuckin dickhead headmaster would kill us if it was even a little fun. Back to the point, when we entered the hall, the assistant headmistress was saying shit like 'When I was young....', nobody fuckin cares what you did when you were a kid. And when she was finally finished her speech after 20 minutes, which I personally felt like eternity, some other guy came up the stage and told us how the festival started. First of all, nobody gives a shit! Second of all, we already know the damn story! And like that wasn't bad enough, when the dance club or something came up on the stage, they didn't dance anything modern, one of the reasons being the assistant headmistress would kill if we did anything like that, last year, they danced a mix of different songs including gangnam style and the headmaster was so fuckin pissed! Anyway, they danced old dances like in the olden days, and I don't know if it was just me but the way they danced, they kinda look like snakes. They're heads kept moving... Well, anyway, good luck

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duanwu_Festival



No comments:

Post a Comment