Pages

Sunday 30 September 2012

Happy Mooncake Festival

Happy Mooncake Festival everyone!! Tea and moon cakes are the main dish of this festival. Traditionally on this day, Chinese family members and friends will gather around to enjoy the moon cake and tea drinking, as well as admiring the bright harvest moon. Accompanying with the celebration, additional cultural activities are also being practiced by people from different places such as carrying lanterns, lighting lanterns on towers, floating sky lanterns, fire dragon dance, poetry and singing competition and etc... It's awesome. I'm spending this festival like we do every year, going to my grandparents' house and just have fun with my cousins and other relatives. The adults usually go to the dining room or the living room and chat while the younger kids or teenagers usually go to the computer room to play games. But, for me, I spend it in another room with my two closest cousins. So, I hope you have fun spending it with your family. And if you're not spending with your family, just have fun or something. Hey, you can still watch television, listen to music and play computer games if you're not celebrating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment